Sometime between now and the end of the year, set aside some interrupted time to journal your answers to the questions below. I personally like to curl up next to a warm fire, light candles and get comfy, allowing plenty of time to reflect upon the year coming to an end. Give yourself this gift this year. It’s a powerful way to complete and acknowledge your year.
1. What are your disappointments, failures, and breakdowns? Let’s acknowledge what these items are….this is an opportunity to let them go, carry them forward, or make a new promise.
2. Make a second list titled: Successes, Wins and Accomplishments. This is a chance to celebrate and own who you have become this year, and your achievements. Where did you step into your power and greatness? Please don’t skimp on these. The little stuff counts. NO modesty allowed. Let’s validate all your accomplishments. Look through your organizer to remind you.
3. What have you learned about yourself and your life? What insights have you gained? True insights have the transformational capability of shifting us into a new, more alive place! As we are blessed with insights it is important to nurture and deepen these new understandings.
4. What are you grateful for? This list might include some of the above and anything else you truly appreciate about yourself or any other area of your life. There is a basic principle. Whatever you appreciate and give thanks for will increase in your life.
(For this question… I like to be REALLY thorough, counting the big and little things I’m truly grateful for. That means don’t limit to yourself to ONE page.)
5. How will you celebrate and honor your year 2013 accomplishments? What would be a fun, special thing to do for yourself?